I made a thing and it was good. Recipe because I need a place to keep it 😊
– 5 to 6 (I used 4 BIG ones and a few small) yukon gold potatoes, quartered then sliced into 1in pieces
– 1.5c diced onions
– 3tsp minced garlic, 1 bay leaf
– 1.5c veg broth (plus more to sauté)
– 1.5c unsweetened soy milk
– 1-2 TBS WFPB sour cream
– 1 to 2 TBS Nutritional Yeast
– 1/8tsp liquid smoke (literally smallest amount possible!!)
– salt and pepper to taste
– Green onions to serve
– Chop onions/potatoes. Heat instant pot on sauté. When IP is hot add broth and sauté onions till translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 mins more. Adding broth as needed so it doesn’t burn. Add potatoes, sprinkle lightly with pepper, add bay leaf, then add broth. Seal IP, turn off sauté, use manual setting for 6mins (if potatoes are bigger than 1in each Id do longer). Use QR.
(- If using stovetop cook covered till potatoes are JUST done)
– After QR remove lid and add in 1/2 of the soy milk and gently mash about 1/3 of the potatoes, leaving some decent size chunks. Add remaining ingredients. Start with lower amount of cream etc and adjust to taste!
*I ended up adding an extra dash of garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and an extra dash of salt and pepper after initial taste. 😋 I will probably add a bit more soy milk next time as it’s THICK when cooling off lol.
This is the recipe I used for cashew cream except I left out the ACV and used a bit more lemon juice (refrigerated as I’m out of fresh) http://ohsheglows.com/2016/03/13/cashew-sour-cream/
This is what I initially set out to make but wanted it in my IP/hand mashed as I hate blended potatoes.