Yes, it has been over a year since my last post. No I can’t guarantee that won’t happen again! Lol. Life is crazy with three kids! However, I’ve come to realize I post A LOT of my recipes on Facebook and then they get lost in the void and I can never find them…and I usually forget to write them down 😜.
That being said, dinner tonight was a concoction of random things I had laying around the house and 3 online recipes melding together. It is simple yet delicious! Enjoy!
White Bean and Vegetable Soup
– 2, 15oz cans (drained) OR 1c dried white beans
– 1 med onion, chopped
– 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
– 5 carrots, washed & cut into circles
– 3-4 med red skin potatoes, cut into 1/2ish in pieces
– 2 celery stalks, sliced
– 2 fresh tomatoes, without skin (I had some frozen from the garden!)
– 1/2 head of cabbage, sliced
– 2tsp veg boulion and 8c water OR 4-5c stock + water to = 8c
– 1 bay leaf
– 1tsp each of oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley
– cooking oil of your choice
– salt and pepper to taste
(IF you are using dry beans set 1c of dry beans in a bowl of hot water for 20mins, while you prep your vegetables & stock. Then drain and follow recipe.)
1) Heat about 2T oil and sauté onion, when translucent add garlic and a bit of salt. Let sauté for about 4-5mins watching your heat so the garlic doesn’t burn & become bitter.
2) Add in the carrots/celery and give it another few minutes. Then add the potatoes & cook a few minutes, repeat with the cabbage. Add your tomatoes.
3) After all vegetables are in the pot add the stock, spices, and drained beans. Bring to a boil.
4) Turn soup down to a slow simmer, cover, and let cook for about 1-1.5hrs until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender! Salt and pepper to taste. Yum!