Well, I took a blog break! We’ve been incredibly busy with house/medical/family stuff and vacations. Not going to lie, I’ve been a little self centered debbie downer the last few weeks. I didn’t want that to rub off on my blog.
Good news is house stuff is mellowing out! Hopefully we’ll be moving come August! So exciting!!! Kids are all healthy! Ana has toned down the craziness (till her next developmental milestone anyways!). We are finally unpacked/normalized from a week long vacation. It’s been a good week, we even made it to the zoo. 🙂
So, with a new house soon we’ll be going back to some budget saving ways that I’ve moved away from.
1) More meal planning/budgeting with hubby so we aren’t doing seperate grocery store trips/wasting $.
2) drying clothing/diapers outside
3) walking more places
4) No more eating out…period
And more! I’m actually planning a few blog posts on money saving tips around the house!
This morning I’ve been busy writing out meal ideas/grocery shopping lists etc. We have no food in our house, running on bare minimum. So for breakfast I whipped up Sweet Potato and Black Bean Hash. The kids love this. It’s pretty funny, Ana eats all the sweet potatoes, Lil eats all the beans ;).
Combine it with a slice of bacon or two & they are happy campers! It’s so easy & versitile. We use it for breakfast with bacon & sometimes lunch or dinner with avocados, lettuce, tomatoes & put on your favorite gf taco shell/tortilla! So, here it is…
1 Lg sweet potato
1 can (15oz) organic black beans (or thawed cooked if u have any, I was out)
– Garlic & onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt & pepper to taste.
1) Peel & cube up your sweet potato. Heat your choice of oil in saute pan (enough to cover bottom). Add sweet potatoes when oil is hot (I usually cook over med high heat)
2) Season a bit with spices (minus cumin) & cook till almost done. This can take a little while. I cook mine till almost getting crispy on the outside. Drain & rinse your black beans.
3) When almost done to your liking add the beans. Add more seasonings, including cumin at this point to season your beans. Cook for about 5mins till beans are warmed. Check your flavor/adjust & enjoy!
Now, off to get dressed and visit the farmers market. Looking forward to some delicious veggies! 🙂