Lil wanted cookies. She doesn’t “like” chocolate. I’m not I’m the mood to experiment with gluten free recipes our refrigerating times. But I promised we’d make cookies today. Why did I have to get a headache?
Did some googling, browsed some recipes. Came up with these…no eggs, flour, sugar (refined/processed anyways) & are chewy deliciousness.
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1/3 c applesauce
– 2c gluten free oats
– a small palmful of ground flax seeds (recipes i looked at called for 1/3 – 1/2 Tbs)
– 1/3 – 1/2c dried cherries (i did a rough chop on mine)
– a few sprinkles of cinnamon and dollop of maple syrup
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) mash bananas with fork (i used a potato masher)
3) add remaining ingredients and mix well
4) drop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined cooki sheet
5) bake for 20 mins
Lil loved them and all the fruit flavors make them taste like a wonderful granola bar style cookie!!!
Best part is they aren’t dry. I hate dry cookies. Oh, and I can eat them too 😉