Every now and then Lil says things that just make me giggle so hard or wonder “where in the world did THAT come from”…or that drive me absolutely insane!! The last two weeks have been great for that! Here are some of the latest toddlerisms in our house.
– “What happened to the HOOUUUUUSE?” Said after spinning in circles to make herself dizzy.
– “MAMA! BABY ANA COMING TO GET ME!!” Cause she’s that close to crawling.
– “Why? Why? Why? Why?”
– “Can I come see too?” Usually for anything kitchen related.
– “I do it aaaaalllll by myself!” Yup.
– “Love Mama and Daddy, baby Ana” makes my heart melt every time.
– “I want an ice pack!” Definitely referring to ice cubes 😉
– “Not too much mama” when I’m apparently using too much water, applying too much toothpaste or shampoo, etc.
– “Mama, can I get up now? All done sleeping!” My least favorite at 6am…
– “THAT’S MINE BABY ANA!” Sigh, this is one of the most frustrating ones next to…
– “Don’t get me Ana!”
– “Look at that!” For every.tiny.everything. Lol.
– “Mama, can you snuggle me?” Think someone’s getting fed up with Ana still nursing so much…
– “Something scare me!!” Followed by mini freak out.
– “No mama, you do it/get it” Usually cause something is just not right in her world.
Even after all the bossy little girl/toddler drama she’s still pretty adorable ;). And as much as I’d like to hang myself some days I have my APish ways to fall back on.
I remember that she’s only 2.5yrs old. I can’t expect her to have the patience of an adult or to comprehend the passage of time (cause 45mins in the car is a long while!).
She’s trying to figure this huge world out. New places are as equally fun as they are scary and sometimes she needs us to help her navigate them.
Her excitement and wonder/awe at things is awesome. When I’m having a rough moment and don’t want to look at the same thing, answer the same question or do the same thing a million times over I remind myself this is her learning process. Squelching her joy and curiosity will not serve her well later in life!
We all have bad moments/days, toddlers have lots of them. When a moment happens it happens. We deal, talk and move on. It’s not worth fighting and shaming her and probably ruining a whole day for both of us.
Finally, anger solves nothing…me getting overly upset and screaming only escalates things, scares the heck out of her, and signals to her “let’s fight”. Taking a time out and then resolving the situation when we are both calm might take all the patience in the world but by george we both feel much better after.
When she eats well we all have better days…usually applies to mama and Ana too. Really need to get back to cooking more!
Life with two, ah the joys 🙂