Lol, since going gluten & dairy free I miss ice cream. Like had a scoop a few weeks and paid for it in Ana urping & my stomach being upset. Was so not worth the deliciousness…but oh, my, I wanted ice cream today!
So what’s a girl to do? I was NOT spending $ on an ice cream maker or a blender OR a bunch of arrow(?) root and trying to figure out ratios of rice milk etc. That was all way too much work. Then I found a few vegan pages that suggested you can use raw nuts, frozen fruit, vanilla extract & rice/soy/almond/hemp/coconut milk. After looking at few recipes I came up with this!
“Better than ice cream” Ice Cream:
– 1/2c of raw nuts (I used cashwes)
– 1c frozen banana slices
– 1c frozen strawberries
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 to 1/2c non dairy milk (I had rice milk)
1) In food processer blend nuts till coarsley chopped.
2) Add strawberries & bananas, blend till coarsley chopped.
3) scrape down nut/fruit mix & replace lid
4) with food processer on slowly add vanilla and then milk. SLOWLY so you can watch consistency for “ice cream” like texture.
5) scoop out & enjoy!
This was really good fresh, froze the rest in some individual serving containers! Yummy. Next time I’m totally doing banana and peach or mango…oh the possibilities 🙂